Woman’s Head Almost Doubles in Size After Reaction To Hair Dye

One woman aged 19 and named Estelle, has shared her terrifying experience with an allergic reaction she has developed after she utilized a hair dye she bought at some local supermarket.

Estelle is a student in France and she claims it almost killed her, as she was struggling to breathe after her head enormously increased in size. This reaction has been as a result of the presence of a chemical PPD or Paraphenylenediamine), which is often added to beauty products.

This occurred earlier in December, as she bought the hair dye in the area of Val-de-Marne, and applied it according to the instructions of the packet. As instructed, she made the patch test, waited for about 30 minutes instead of the recommended 48 hours, and the irritation on her scalp appeared almost immediately. The area started swelling and she took antihistamines under medical advice.

Still, in the morning, her condition was even worse, and her head measured 24.8 inch or 63cm, which is almost double the average 56cm. Estelle said:

“I could not breathe and I had a light bulb head.”

When her tongue also swelled, she was urged to the A&E, and she received an injection of adrenaline. Luckily, she completely recovered but she claims that she can still see the outlines of the swelling. Estelle tells her story believing it was a mistake, and she also hopes she can warn other people to avoid the risks of PPD. She said:

“I almost died and I do not want it to happen to other people.”

Hair dyes actually contain a lot of dangerous chemicals, but this one is the main cause of allergic reactions. It is often added to most shades of permanent color, particularly dark shades.

Still, its concentration is strictly limited at a maximum of 2% in any hair product, and the due which she utilized had 1% strength. However, all the products which contain it have to include clear warnings and use instructions in order to prevent such complications. The PPD chemical is also utilized illegally in black henna tattoos which are offered at tourist spots.

Hair dyes actually contain a lot of dangerous chemicals and toxins and all of them have some negative effects on our health. Hence, it would be best to limit the exposure to such products and also avoid dying your hair.

You can find more photos here: Woman’s Head Almost Doubles in Size After Reaction To Hair Dye

Still, Dr. Mercola advises:

“For people that are determined to utilize hair dye no matter what, well at least utilize such tips to minimize your risk:

1. Steer clear of the darkest shades. Even though all of the shades utilize essentially the same chemicals, there is quite a lot more of them in dark brown, as well as black shades than there are in blonde, red or some lighter shades.

2. You should avoid permanent hair colors as they are the most toxic ones. The semi-permanent and temporary colors are actually less toxic.

3. Look for some natural brands of hair color which utilize henna, herbal dyes, as well as vegetable dyes as primary ingredients. They are likely to be much less toxic than the average ones.

4. If you go to a salon, you should choose a hair dye which is toxic-free, odor-free, as well as herbal and caters to people with several chemical allergies and sensitivities. Such salons tend to use less toxic products.”

Source: healthyfoodhouse

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *